Thursday, April 22, 2010

In the beginning...

Welcome to my journey.


I am on a quest – a quest for health. The maternal unit would be thrilled but dubious. Can’t say I blame her – it’s a first in my 52 years on the blue planet. But here I am.

52 years old, 100 pounds overweight, two years out from double bypass surgery, with high LDL, low HLD and on my way to being pre-diabetic (if one believes their physician). I can’t walk my dogs because my excess weight hurts my knees and feet. I get out of breath bending over to change their piddle pads. I’d love to get into showing my wonderful herd of chihuahuas but I’m too embarrassed by how I look to want to do anything in public.

After many years of trial and error, I have discovered what so many others already know – diets don’t work! I can’t afford another diet – everytime I go on a diet and lose any weight, I gain back twice as much as I lost. That’s how I went from 150 to 250 in a little over 10 years.

And so I have joined the ranks of those in search of assistance with this problem – also known as weight loss surgery (WLS).

1 comment:

  1. I understand, I take a pound off, put it on again and repeat. I have done South Beach, Atkins and of course a whole regime of weight and areobic training which has hurt my back on several occaisons (along with a medic career)Also many unhealthy meals of my unavoidable life-style. I have tried perscription pills but those have harsh side-effects. I am now doing a walking program to include a 1 hour walk at a comfortable pace for 1 hour around the nieghborhood. Thus far I feel much better! Yet a target wieght of 200 would be fine, 190 would be awsome. My parents are quite fit but they are not biological, none rubbed off on me so to speak. Please post about the WLS and what your results were.
    Jeff Pearson, age 37, Dallas TX, jeffreypea.com

    ReplyDelete